Friday, December 02, 2005

Page of Swords

It turns out that today's card was the Page of Swords (again). The Page is all about using your mind, facing problems, continuing to try and overcome problems honestly through analysis. Since the day was a really, really good one, and I finally managed to feel human again after the screw ups earlier in the week, I think the card does no a nice job of summing up.

I spent the whole day in analysis - transcribing data gathered through the week. I found numbers and metrics and had interesting conversations about what they might mean and what impact they might have. I spent time with people who are preparing to face the music - look squarely at data, interpret it and accept the findings as reality.

I also fough a little bit for my belief that not having God is equally as important as having him.
It was a great, productive day.

The only downside occurred after I left work late and went to dance class. I got a cramp or charlie horse in my right calf and ended up hobbling home, nearly unable to walk. I definitely logically faced the music on that one though - stopped dancing, went home, massaged and rested , and started to consider tand think about what moght be required of me if I REALLY want to be very active as I get older. These little muscle strains and problems are only going to get worse from here on out - I need to really work on being nicer to my body to make sure it lasts.

My hubbie was awfully kind, rubbing Icy Hot Cream into my legs, setting me up with rice bags and taking good care of me so that I could rest (and try to avoid PANIC. That was the worst - the panicky sense that I might have another injury which would put me out of the game for further months, like I was after New Zealand.)

No comments: