Thursday, December 15, 2005

I said "Yes"

Today is also the day that I told my husband I would marry him. December 15th, 2001. He sent me the sweetest reminder in the afternoon. It is amazing that he still thinks I'm the "bestest" thing that ever happened to him - his little apple icard made me all teary...

Some days it is hard to imagine that we have been together for more than five years. Other days I have a hard time remembering what life was like before him. (That's not true. I remember. It sucked.)

It is so easy to feel alone in this world. It is so powerful when you find a fellow human with whom you can bond. As we talk about exciting and intimate topics like, life insurance - oooh, baby - I really do understand why widows and widowers often die after their spouses - or wish they could.

When anything happens to my husband, I hurt. If he was suddenly gone tomorrow, I think Iwould be an emotional quadraplegic - I would be able to think and technically be alive, but there would be no connection to the loving function of my heart.

No comments: