Friday, December 02, 2005

No Card....Yet

I didn't have time this am and was too tired last night to pull today's oracle card. I don't have a topic to write about, so I'll just say WHAT A FABOO DAY!

All the stress and angst of my painful f#%k up on Tuesday; The "back to work" Blues; The effects of inclement weather - thunderrainwind; The job interview...What a week - and it was only THREE DAYS!

I'm so happy that it is Friday, that I maintained my weight despite Turkey day, that the sun is shining over a fresh and bright world, that people who love me are all around, and there is so much potential for good and rightness in the world.

I'm hoping that my workday will actually be about encouraging that goodness and rightness. Though I may be slogging through entering data and crunching numbers - without those numbers, we can't know what the effects are of our decisions. From the data I hope to still be able to drive this organization in very positive ways.

But, wasn't there a JOB INTERVIEW in the mix, you ask? Well, yes, but why would I move to another company when I can be comfy? As long as I can keep myself engaged and have days like this...isn't it worth it? I think I need to be honest with myself - relationships are important to me. I have a lot of GREAT working, and some good personal, relationships within this company. Unless everyone I like leaves suddenly, why NOT stay? Why not build my CM business? Why not do community service work with ASTD to stretch my skillset? Why not be in a job I am suited to where new and different things may be few and far between, but when they do arise I have a HUGE measure of control over projects? Why not keep my proximity to my home, husband and community? What if, I could learn to be happier with the smaller daily challenges?

There is so much to work on. Conflict is a great example. I am SO AFRAID of talking to certain people. What if I just told them that. What if I found ways to build those relationships? Okay, time to go....

No comments: