Friday, December 02, 2005

Not what I wanted to talk about...

The Pagan trees are not even what I wanted to write about today, and since it is Friday, and since I've done a big chunk of work today that falls under the heading of "Because Yvette is a nice person," I'm taking a little extra time for myself to finish some thoughts.

I made someone's day today by being absolutely silly. And probably a lot more than one.

Our Operations Director came by my desk after lunch and told me that he hasn't laughed so hard, and so long in who knows how long. He saw me on my lunch-walk. He said I was rolling my head around on my shoulders, stumbling drunkenly down the sidewalk as a result of this odd behavior, and when I crashed right into a wall he could not help but laugh out loud, long and hard. "Hilarious," he said. "I was just cracking up and could hardly drive."

Some people might be offended, but I was overjoyed! It was like those "serious" runner girls a few posts back, to whom I pointed out that they could have more fun if they would run in the crunchy fall leaves! How wonderful that I was able to make him laugh out loud - derisive or not, I'm sure it was a good hormone release and will help him live longer and have an all-round better day.

There is humor in the world that I don't understand. A lot of it. Board in the face humor. Potty humor. Insult humor. Slapstick humor. A long list of things many people find funny that just turn my stomach. And yet. And yet.

If I could do the same thing, and walk into another wall tomorrow, in order to make my co-worker laugh again, I'd do it. After all, I didn't ACTUALLY walk into a wall or damage myself in any way. I was having fun, being a little silly - trying to get my back and neck muscles to relax, letting the rotations travel all the way down my body...it felt GREAT!

The realization that someone saw, and interpreted my actions as potentially retarded and derisively humorous bothers me NOT AT ALL. (At least in this case.)

"What? You don't waggle your whole body and shake it out to relax your muscles when you are exercising? You should try it! And thank you for telling me you enjoyed the performance - I am so glad I could brighten your day!"

No comments: