Thursday, December 08, 2005

Death and Holidays

I sent the following to a friend today:

Two great things that go great….oh, no wait. That’s not right.
Things you can be sure of?
Things that makes us grateful for our loved ones. Yeah, we’ll go with dat.

Hiya! I’ve been getting big ol’ hits’ the past few weeks and wanting to write to you, but not making the time to do it. My husband even said I should send an e-mail, and well, I can’t take that sort of thing from *him*. We would be talking about the sort of role reversal leading to equitable pay for men and woman, racial harmony and, no doubt, the end of the world Buffy style.

Well, holidays are coming, which makes me think of the people I would WANT to spend time with if I could…and you’re on that list. Then the death of an employee in our company was announced, and I talked to my brother about the nasty surgery that my poor little niece (who is 1 year old today) has to have in January. Life is just messy, and well, that makes me think of you too, for several different reasons.

I wanted to let you in on a new secret of mine: http://aspirationmachine.blogspot.com/
I’ve told only a handful of people I love and trust about it, because, well, it is just raw spewage. I figure it does give any folks who get ‘Yvette hits’ a chance to check in with me virtually and see what spaces I’ve been in before they commit to actual contact (which can be scary at times). I’m loosely stringing entries out on the thread of daily tarot card pulls which are as good a lens through which to look at life as any other I’ve tried. It has greatly improved my mood and confidence and I just Luuuuuuuv to write. Even if it is all trash, I like the process, and practice makes perfect. Well, really EDITING makes perfect, and that is so anti-blog, but I do practice
that too.

A reason I’ve been thinking of you is that I’ve been doing a lot of jewelry designing. An artist I met who is also a belly dancer owns a company called Beadzilla (http://beadzilla.com/). She makes LOVELY things, and does custom work with clients. I go beading, or look at my jewelry and think “I am NEVER going to wear this as-is” and I sit in her home, take it apart, look at her massive inventory, choose things, re-lay them out, and tell her how I’d like it constructed…and then she puts it all together. It is a dream come true…I don’t have to do any of the construction or learn how to manage the fiddly bits! I have designed a number of really lovely sets that I am enjoying wearing and receiving compliments on, and I can’t wait to have Mr. B take some photos to send to you.

So, that’s what’s up with me. It was great to hang out in April – always leaves me wanting more, so hopefully we can figure out how, when, where to make that happen. There’s always the possibility of a Michigan trip in early fall. I’d like to go back to the Cherry Republic, climb the sand dunes and see some of the UP at some point!

Most of all I hope that you are healthy, happy and enjoying
life.

Writing to friends and blogging look and feel much the same - which is kind of ridiculous, given that no one is actually reading the blog, except maybe the friends I would otherwise write to personally, instead of impersonally. So what does THAT mean?

No comments: