Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Conquering Queen

I'm back from a several hour stint with my niece and sister-in-law. I learned a few things:

1) You can't really take pictures of a baby and watch it at the same time
2) You can't talk on a teeny cell phone and push a stroller at the same time
3) Husbands rock! (especially when they talk you through having maybe lost something important)
4) computers with the chair facing a wall and the back open to several doorways and widows and the center of the room, when any second a creepy old-guy roomate might come walking in unexpectedly set me on edge and I think I'll stop writing now....

Tomorrow, when my husband brings his laptop, maybe I'll talk about how fun the baby was, while I kept my sense of humor. And how nice it was to have serious conversations with my sister-in law....but for now I'm going to go hide in my room behind a locked door and escape into fiction...

No comments: