Friday, November 11, 2005

TITLE FOUND!

So, after a little bit of time and patience expended in browsing the long set of settings available to me, I found the "Display a Title?" option and turned it ON. YAY! I feel so accomplished.

And yes, I know that feeling of accomplishment is a little pathetic - but I'm proof that they will let ANYONE blog these days...Blog and Circuses!

Why should it bother me so much not to title my posts? No idea. Well, really, "Lets go idea:" The title of something is really quite important. I use it as a starting place, or an executive summary, or as foreshadowing. Plus, I find it FUN to think up a title (that's the main reason I wanted one).

Besides, my blog hero uses them. And well, since he's my hero and all, I want to be as like him as possible, right? Well, maybe not today. Today we saw blogblah. Not worth the time it took to refresh.

My hero goes through phases where his blog is great and personal and meaningful...and Not. I am right there with him that there's only so much time in the day, and well, I'm the highest paid receptionist in Silicon Valley at this very moment, so I shouldn't talk.

On the other hand, if I knew it would be packed with the kind of wonderful, true and funny narrative that originally made me an addict...well, I might pay to read it. Might. Definitely as much as buying a paper.

There's nothing like getting paid to do what you consider "fun." I really want to get to that place 100% of the time someday. Someday Soon.

No comments: