Friday, November 18, 2005

Knight of Pentacles

I've not yet seen so many descriptors....in such an interesting format....from my tarot cards. On a day I am ready to wrap up a couple of weeks of prep work and go on vacation to see my friends and family, I'm intrigued:

UNWAVERING..........STUBBORN
CAUTIOUS..........UNADVENTUROUS
THOROUGH..........OBSESSIVE
REALISTIC..........PESSIMISTIC
HARDWORKING..........GRINDING

Well, I know we've all felt this. Good qualities that can be overused or somehow "gone wrong." No task I've attempted today feels like this, but then again, perhaps the Knight is someone ELSE in my environment. Someone like the work friend giving me a lift to the airport? Or perhaps her arch-nemesis, another person I work with. I quite like BOTH of them, and yet they have the toughest time working together.

In fact, I ended up having lunch with the Pres of the company today at the company outdoor picnic tables, inadvertently. He is very Knight-ish and I can see that many of his qualities cross over the line (especially in the opinions of certain people within the company). Something to think about.

I'm barely keeping my eyes open today. I stayed up very late to see HP:GOF at the midnight movie and went to bed around 3am. Since the alarm went off before 7am...boy am I feeling like having a nap. Definitely sleep on the plane.

HP:GOF was a good, but not a great movie. Too bad, because there is *so much* there to work with. I felt like the things that made the book so unforgettable - the little details - were left out in favor of dragon chase scenes. Maybe that's mostly me. I would rather have seen more about the changing relationships between the three main characters and a little more mystery with the pensieve, and less dragons and lake and maze, oh my.

There were some fantastic lines though, which seems to be a recurrent theme in the movies I've seen recently. They're worth it if some good writer can work in a few memorable, well-timed lines. Oh, and Voldemort was wonderfully, perfectly evil. The crew working on these movies have a talent for creating - incarnating the caracters from the book somehow...but then I feel like they just do'nt follow through on what to DO with them. I suppose that sort of thing is always easier in books anyway. That's why we read them.

No comments: