Monday, November 07, 2005

Chariot Indeed

Relationships are the most important thing in my life. That's why there are TWO fish in the pisces symbol, right? (I know, not really, but hey, there may be something to that!)

Well, it bothered me HUGELY that I could even write down the "truth" of feeling a little distanced from my husband. I decided I needed to be more responsible about that relationship and DO something.

So I went out of my way to engage him in conversation and express my feelings. As always, my wonderfully attentive and caring companion was there to give me BIG hugs and talk about making sure I stop feeling that way. That felt so good!

We had a very disrupted night - Birdie nightmares at 4am...strange noises at 5am...then the wakeup alarm at 6am. Even though we were both exhausted from lack of sleep and interruption, my sweetie was willing to get up and go have fun doing exercise with me. It was so kind and supportive, and I was terribly grateful and I told him so!

It was certainly an emotional change from the weekend - and I know better now that the receding and then rejoining will be an ongoing process in our relationship. It is just something that seems to happen naturally with introverts and extroverts - probably with every couple.

Especially now that he is wrapped up in important and exciting new work, I feel so cherished when I actually manage to gulp down my pride. Every occasion when I ask for attention he is more than happy to spend time with me and talk and laugh and be silly...all the things at the core of our relationship being a very happy one!

No comments: