Friday, November 04, 2005

Queen of Pentacles

NURTURING, BIGHEARTED, DOWN-TO-EARTH, RESOURCEFUL, TRUSTWORTHY (Thanks www.learntarot.com!)

I was so tired last night that I went to bed around 8pm. I walked for an hour with a friend during my lunchbreak, then walked some more after work with my husband...then had a manicure.

I felt just plain exhausted and only had enough energy to give my birdie a few cuddles and pets and then back into the cage.

I suspected that I'd be tired this morning (AaanD, HoW!) so I pulled my card for today last night. The universe got a jump on me, and people in my Creative Memories Unit called late (while I was asleep), or sent e-mails to ask me for help with things.

The trustworthy, nurturing, giving person that I am (usually) made calls this morning and did a few favors...but I was a little bit petulant about it. I've been focusing so much on increasing my physical activity to spur on my weight loss that I have been too tired to devote much to my Creative Memories business. I have set aside whole weekend days to inspire customers to get their album work done, to teach classes and to do my own work...but if I don't make calls and ensure attendance - well, I lose out twice!

What I know about the Queen of pentacles is that she shows up for me fairly often in the readings I've done (and since there haven't been that many, it is odd that she re-occurs, no?) . The nurturing and giving is certainly a core value and aspect of my nature...on the other hand, I really need some help here to keep it in balance! I can't be the queen without the wealth of time and resources - personal or financial - to follow through.

So this morning, when I was implored to act as this card acts, I fulfilled my responsibilities to others...but I was also a little angry, jaded, jealous and resentful. I WANT to muster the good hearted, goodwill and generous nature of the queen, and because I have let myself down - let myself get out of balance...the seedier side of my personality is rearing its ugly head.

No comments: