Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day -38

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours with my friend Suzy, reading Rick Steves and picking places to stay in Austria and Germany. Yep. We decided that we wanted to spend a couple of nights in Fussen to see Mad King Luwig's Castles.

So, for those of you keeping track, my Pilgrimage has expanded a little bit beyond Douglas Adams. The 42/42/42 Pilgrimage will officially end in Innsbruck, Austria. That is where Douglas Adams, collapsed drunk in a field, stuck out his thumb wished he could Hitchhike off the Earth. 

After that, well, I'm in AUSTRIA. Can't let that go to waste. So I'm going to Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang up tNeuschwanstein Castle too!




Finally, as the trip winds down, I will be on top of a big hill singing every Sound of Music song, and taking the SOM tours (And staying in the actual Von Trapp Family Home SQUEEE!!!). 



This is what makes traveling fun for me, I guess.

No comments: