Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day -31

The planning goes on....

Today I started pricing out train tickets to the four corners of England. Whew! Expensive. Cheaper tickets are in the EARLY AM and late PM, which is really going to put a kink in my plans for relaxing travel days. I may have to throw money at the problem to travel at midday.

I'm also hitting a snag regarding some of the places I would like to go. Cornwall, for example is pretty "closed" until "Late March." I sent emails to one of the tour companies recommended by the Rick Steves' travel book - I am hoping they can help set me up with a tour. Even if I have to book a private tour all around Cornwall, I'd prefer to be hiking with at least ONE other person.

I wouldn't mind driving if I had a navigator, but trying to drive on the wrong side of the road, AND navigate seems sub-optimal.

Ahhh, I'm really feeling the travel "alone" thing as I try to fill in all the holes in my plans...


No comments: