Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm Late, I'm Late....

For a very Important Date...with my Blog! Hello, Dear Blog! I've neglected you again for several weeks...but I was having FUN this time: Disneyland!

My trip this weekend showed me that Disneyland is definitely what you make of it. The Happiest Place on Earth is steeped in good intentions (and commercial ones), but which of the many flavors you choose to drink in while you are there, can be effectively filtered.

My husband and I have been to Disneyland twice before: 2001 with S&S & my mom, P.; Then again this past February for my 33rd Birthday at Club 33.

For this trip, we were FINALLY going to make it into the second amusement park - Disney's California Adventure, so I bought 3 day parkhopper tickets.

And THEN, Creative Memories scheduled their consultant conference for the same weekend . Well, if I go to the conference I get to WRITE OFF A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND ON MY TAXES - Woo-Hoo!

So M. and I arrived late Friday night, were picked up by my old pal E., and whisked away to our hotel and a late dinner.

M. was VERY tired Saturday morning, so I let him doze while I made my protein shakes, looked at the map, and formulated a weekend game plan. He roused in time to go get some hotel breakfast, then he washed up and we set out for the Magic Kingdom.

Our hotel was a little over a mile away, so we walked to the park, stood in line at Will Call, and then, since we had to be at the CM conference at noon or so, we did some pre-shopping. I bought gifts for my niece, and we surveyed the enormity of "the machine" that is Disney's merchandising conglomerate.

No comments: