Thursday, September 21, 2006

Found!

Yay! Someone found my missing earring!

I have a little routine...and don't our little routines keep us sane? Each day, as I change into my workout clothes, I take off my jewelry and put it a pocket. Then I roll or fold up the clothing so that there's no way for the jewelry to fall out.

As I did this on Tuesday, the necklace and earrings fell out onto the floor of the ladies room. So much for the plan. I picked them back up (or so I thought) and put them in the pocket, and rolled my pants up with the pockets facing inside (so nothing could fall out).

When I got home that night, and went to throw clothes in the laundry, one earring was gone. SOB! It is a really cool necklace I designed for myself in greens, yellows,oranges and tomato reds. I always get compliments, because the color combinations are unusual, and the necklace itself looks a bit like a dangling bunch of little fruits and vegetables. It was built for me by Beadzilla, and for the earrings we used matching findings.

Ack! What can you do with just one earring!

I came to work Wed and was busy all day...it wasn't until LATE in the afternoon that I realized "Damn! I forgot to check for my earring on the floor of the bathroom this morning!"

I ran right in and checked...nothing. SOB! AGAIN! I prepared to be adult about it and just throw away the remaining earring, or design it into something else...or whatever. Let it go.

BEHOLD! At the receptionist's desk this morning...MY EARRING! Unharmed! YAY!

It was SUCH a nice surprise that I had extra energy to overcome my slothfullness and go running on my lunch. I even did a few sprint intervals (though my heart rate monitor does NOT like those), ab exercises and 10, standing push ups!

Yay Me! And now, I reward myself with a manicure and waxing appointment...Joy!

No comments: