Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lights on at My Neighbor's house

Every evening the lights twinkle at Pixie's house.  Every time I use the toilet, I see through the open bathroom window, and I'm drawn to the constant, sparkling lights through the trees.  

The pragmatic me says that she must not have to worry about her electric bill, since she leaves pretty, sparkly lights on all night. 

The romantic part wonders what is making that particular quality of light: lanterns? mini christmas lights?  are they reflecting through the windows of her house?  I want to know....

Pixie's lights are the mythological creatures that lured travelers into the bogs where they drowned...what are they called?  Grrrr.  They're in a Piers anthony book, but I can't remember right now.

Anyway, I think about my neighbor's lights a lot.  Every time I have to pee.  They are just over the back fence, between the big oak trees, and they are always friendly, welcoming and jovial - like Pixie herself.


No comments: